When performing your treatment or examining your smile, Dr. Kenneth Yost may use dental loupes. Also known as “surgical microscopes,” this device works to enhance vision so that Dr. Yost can view your teeth in detail and ensure that treatment is meeting your needs.
Dental loupes are binocular-like in appearance and are worn like glasses. They have several levels of magnification, allowing Dr. Yost to illuminate and magnify previously unseen areas of your teeth in great detail to examine areas that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. This makes it possible for him to make more accurate diagnoses and plan more effective treatments.
Dental loupes have several advantages, including: :
- The ability to detect even the smallest indications of gum disease, cavities and oral cancer
- Helping to provide a more precise diagnosis of developing problems
- Allowing our dentist to provide an early and less invasive treatment
- Minimizing the size of the surgical site
- Reducing healing time following treatment
- Enhancing comfort during your procedure
If you would like to learn more about dental loupes in Wilmington, Delaware, and schedule a consultation with our team, please call Advanced Dental Artistry today at 302-477-1888. We are committed to helping you achieve and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile for a lifetime.